OLS Output is **empty** - variable names but nothing in the document

03-11-2011 02:07 AM
AndrewTimleck
New Contributor
Ugh, I'm running OLS before I run geographic weighted regression - but when I run it, and have selected and specified a path name (without spaces) for the coefficients and diagnostic output files, when I open the resultant dbfs they have the names of variables in them... and that IT. wtf? Any clues (this is one of those I'm doing my phd and having a meeting on Monday so any help would be appreciated). I tried just the path - can't do that, path + name, doesn't seem to matter (Oh, it does generate an XML file as well - with a dbf extension (!?) but I can't get that to do anything either). Oh, and the only way to capture the progress window output is to catch it right before it writes the values to the shapefile - otherwise it just CLOSES and you can't retrieve that (makes me nuts).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewTimleck
New Contributor
Never mind. You have to load the tables in ArcGIS to view them. Maybe I've been up too late working but why is EVERYTHING in ArcGIS,map etc. one more step to difficult than it needs to be (or at least the 'help' files don't tell you simple stuff some days). Well hope this helps some other poor sod like me.
0 Kudos