AnsweredAssumed Answered

Time Sequential Values

Question asked by gisintern3 on Sep 11, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2019 by gisintern3

Hello! I hate to rehash old threads but, despite my research,I am still confused on how to determine the difference between sequential values in rows of the same field. In my case specifically - times in rows of the same field. Would anyone be so kind as to help? I happened across Table_tools_pro by Dan_Patterson, but the sequential calculator only works on numeric fields. Is this something that *should* be able to change easily? Or is there another way?

In this code: https://community.esri.com/thread/215566-sequential-difference-in-a-single-column-with-field-calculator.  Curr_val is referencing the field in the expression block (!RasterValu!) correct? Which would be whatever field I am trying to obtain values from? Will this work on a date field? 

Should I instead be attempting to use the datetime.timedelta() in the field calculator?

I have seen some threads referencing cursors but I have not yet reached that level of Python 3 #master and I think I am at the point where I know enough to know that I have a long ways to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes