What's your favorite lesson?

09-10-2019 12:47 PM
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Teachers:

Are you using lessons from Learn ArcGIS or Teach with ArcGIS in the classroom? Which ones work best for you? Which don't?

We'd love to know, but so would your fellow educators. Share your recommendations for those getting started with teaching GIS.

Please introduce yourself and answer any or all of the following questions in the discussion below:

• Which Learn ArcGIS lessons do you use to get your students started with GIS?
  • Which lessons do your students enjoy the most?
  • Which lessons would you not recommend to other teachers?
  • What do you teach?

Or, if you prefer, use this quick survey form.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CharlotteSmith4
New Contributor III

I use "Evaluate Equitable Drinking Fountain Distribution" in a graduate online Master of Public Health course and an undergrad Introduction to Environmental Health Science course at University of California Berkeley. But I wrote it so it would be weird not to use it. As an ex-Detroiter I appreciate "Fight Childhood Poverty with Demographic Analysis". All of the Learn Lessons are great, but among my favorites is: "No dumping - Drains to Oceans".

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Thanks Charlotte!
Evaluate Equitable Drinking Fountain Distribution is a great resource both for getting started with Collector for ArcGIS, and for analyzing and comparing the distribution of collected features. We're really happy to have your contribution!

If anyone is looking for the other lessons Charlotte recommends, you can find them here:

Fight Child Poverty with Demographic Analysis

No Dumping — Drains to Ocean

0 Kudos