How to create Animation based off Range

Jump to solution
09-10-2019 09:21 AM
AdamBourque
New Contributor III

All I want to do is have all my features appear on a map consecutively (which I have already done using a consecutive python script) in an animation. When I click the play button on the "Range Slider" it executes how I would like it to. However, it is only on one Keyframe and so when I go to export the movie it is simply just a still image of my map. 

Is there an easy way to export the video based off of when I click the play button for the Range Slider? A record button of some sort? Or do I have to make a bunch of keyframes based off every step interval? (That would be very time consuming)

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That documentation offers two different ways to create the animation: 

The following are the two ways to animate the map's range between keyframes:

• Using a smooth, linear progression. This is the default method.
  • Using a stepped progression.

The first uses interpolation so you wouldn't have a lot of keyframes.  In the second, you could import range slider steps.

Either way, I think you should just be able to export the animation to "record" it.

Export an animation—Animation | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AdamBourque
New Contributor III

Yes, I have my range values created and set, and when I play on the range slide it works well enough. I just want to know how I record this animation without additional program with a on-screen recorder. I only have one keyframe, is it possible to play the range and record it?  

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That documentation offers two different ways to create the animation: 

The following are the two ways to animate the map's range between keyframes:

• Using a smooth, linear progression. This is the default method.
  • Using a stepped progression.

The first uses interpolation so you wouldn't have a lot of keyframes.  In the second, you could import range slider steps.

Either way, I think you should just be able to export the animation to "record" it.

Export an animation—Animation | ArcGIS Desktop 

AdamBourque
New Contributor III

Thank you Kory, the "Range slider steps" is what I was looking for! Much appreciated.