Open LocalLayer Widget Automatically, How to get rid of the loading bar?

Jump to solution
08-30-2019 02:58 PM
BingJing
New Contributor III

I downloaded LocalLayer Widget 2.8(from GitHub link). I added one dynamic layer.  I have one dynamic service added. Then I configured this widget to "Open this Widget automatically when the app starts" by clicking on the bottom-left circle on the widget.

Now when I run the app, everything is fine and my freeway layer is loaded on top of Basemap. 

Only problem is the 3 vertical loading bar is spinning forever.  The problem is still there even when I re-created a new app with only this widget configured.  (Please see attached screen)

If I do not turn on the automatic open, there is no spinning bars. But I have to click on the widget to turn on the freeway layer. 

Is this a bug? How do I grammatically turn off the loading bar? Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bing,

When you add the widget based on the instructions then it will appear in the WAB widget tab up with the coordinates, home, etc, etc widgets (above the on screen widgets place holders). You will then configure it for a new application. The old app where you added it incorrectly to an on screen widget placeholder will have to be repaired by editing the apps config.json to delete the local layer widget from the widgets array in that json.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bing,

Then I configured this widget to "Open this Widget automatically when the app starts" by clicking on the bottom-left circle on the widget.

This tells me that you have not followed the instructions on how to install this widget.

https://github.com/cmndrbensisko/LocalLayer#setting-up-the-locallayer-widget 

BingJing
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I went ahead and did this.  Now the widget still shows on the screen when the app opens,  Then I had to click on the widget to turn on the layer. How to auto turn on this new layer?   

\client\stemapp\predefined-apps\default\config.json, under the widgetOnScreen section.

"widgetOnScreen": {         "widgets": [             {                 "uri": "widgets/LocalLayer/Widget",                 "visible": false            },
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bing,

When you add the widget based on the instructions then it will appear in the WAB widget tab up with the coordinates, home, etc, etc widgets (above the on screen widgets place holders). You will then configure it for a new application. The old app where you added it incorrectly to an on screen widget placeholder will have to be repaired by editing the apps config.json to delete the local layer widget from the widgets array in that json.

0 Kudos
BingJing
New Contributor III

Hi Robert

I did you what you said above. Now I can config this widget from here. See attached.

However, I still had the same problem. When the map loads, the progress bar is running forever, the app is freezing and nothing is clickable.  What could be wrong on my end? I am using WAB 2.12 and Local Layer Widget 2.8. 

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
BingJing
New Contributor III

Wait Robert, I think I have been using LocalLayer2.5 instead of 2.8, let me re-depoly 2.8

0 Kudos
BingJing
New Contributor III

Got it working!. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos