Generating Custom Tables Using the Insert Cursor to Populate

08-26-2019 11:26 AM
ConnorMcivor
New Contributor III

Hello Python Community,

I am currently working on a script right now that will generate a table and populate it based off of user defined inputs. The fields include "Measure" and "Offset". These field needs to have row values that increment at a user defined interval. For example, the  "Measure" field needs to have a range like (0, 10000, User defined Interval). And for the "Offset" field, it needs to have a range like (0, User defined Max Offset Value, User defined Offset value).  I feel like there is a rather simple solution to this that i am totally missing. I already understand the GetParamterAsText portion of the script, however I am trying to make use of the Insert Cursor and I'm not as experienced on the logic side of coding this. I know this is rather vague, but any response could help me.

Thanks for your time.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So you are creating a one-to-many table where there are multiple records for each feature?  What is the field that identifies the features?  Creating a Measure and Offset like you describe is quite straightforward, but knowing a bit more about your data structure would help provide specific suggestions.

0 Kudos