Error: Initializing Form TypeError: Illegal Constructor

Jump to solution
08-06-2019 06:26 AM
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

I have a very simple, three question survey that I cannot get to load in a web browser.  All three are text fields.  I initially tried building the survey in Survey123 Connect as I normally do but ran into the issue when trying to load the survey in a web browser.  So I attempted to build the same survey in the web interface and received the same error.

Link to the survey:

https://arcg.is/Gunj1 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

The issue turned out to be my organization had a block on updating browsers.  Once I reinstalled Chrome (it was running version 56.x and updated to 77.x) the issue went away.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KassandraRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

It works fine for me on chrome, Firefox, and internet explorer. Did you fix it already?

AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for testing Kassandra.  I'm guessing there was something in my cache that was causing an issue.  I received the same error on another survey then decided to clear the cache and try again.  Works for me now as well.

0 Kudos
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

Running into this issue again, in multiple browsers and now on different machines.  Same error on any survey I open in a web browser.

0 Kudos
KassandraRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

Hmmm I would publish the form with just those three questions, no customization like adding the logo or changing background colors and add everything back one at a time, maybe you can catch the issue that way. And this is happening on all your surveys you've created now?

0 Kudos
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

Right so here's a screenshot from a completely different survey (that has no custom submission logo or anything like that) with the same error.

I can view both surveys fine in the app version of Survey123 just not in the web.  And this limitation is only on certain machines.  For instance I can't view the survey on my work computer but can view it from my laptop using the same login credentials and same browser.  However if I remote into another machine that I frequently do work on I can no longer view the survey on it (initially I had no issues on that machine.)  I can also view the survey without issue on my Android phone in a web browser.  

I initially believed it to be some sort of cache issue but I have cleared the cache and not had any luck.  I have also tried on Firefox and receive the same error.  On Edge I get a different error completely saying "TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'after'" Internet Explorer I haven't had issue with.

Puzzling.

0 Kudos
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

The issue turned out to be my organization had a block on updating browsers.  Once I reinstalled Chrome (it was running version 56.x and updated to 77.x) the issue went away.

0 Kudos