Adding a custom widget to web app builder arcgis online

08-02-2019 06:39 AM
SarahReasbeck
New Contributor

I am having difficulty adding a custom widget (popup panel) to my application on web app builder on my arcgis online account. I am following steps I have found online but I am coming up unsuccessful. Anyone have and tips on how this is done? I haven't been able to find any concrete step by step instructions.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using the WebApp Builder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) to create/add the custom widget?

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sarah,

> I am having difficulty adding a custom widget (popup panel) to my application on web app builder on my arcgis online account.

Adding custom widgets to Web AppBuilder embedded in ArcGIS Online is not a supported workflow. You can use Web AppBuilder Developer Edition (which you would download locally, then connect to your ArcGIS Online organization) - add a custom widget to it, to work with your data.

Some resources:

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SarahReasbeck
New Contributor

Yes I am using the Developer Edition. 

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sarah, I'm not sure if this is related but there's a new version of ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Developer Edition that may be impacting your experience: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/web-appbuilder-dev-ed/announcements/web-appbuilder-for-arc...

0 Kudos