ArcGIS Pro: 'Get Attributes' in Tasks not using domain values of selected field

08-01-2019 02:41 AM
TobiSellekaerts
New Contributor III

I'm working on a step command of a task in ArcGIS Pro.  The command is the built-in 'Get Attributes' option.  I want the user to get a pull-down menu to select the appropriate field value.

I've chosen my target table and field: the table is a feature class in an Enterprise Geodatabase with a correctly configured list domain for the selected field.  So, using fictitious values as my example:

Table (SDE FC): Equipment

Field: Percent Cloud Cover

Domain: d_percentCloudCover (type: Short)

Domain values: 0: 0%, 1:30%, 2:60%, 3:100%

When running the task, I want the user to see a drop down menu listing the values of 0%, 30%, 60%, and 100% (which are actually selecting 0, 1, 2, and 3 under the hood), just as they see in the attribute table when editing.  Instead, the user sees a box for input, which is expecting a short integer.  The user can type in any value they wish. How do I configure it to use the pull-down?

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Tobi,

I'm trying to reproduce the scenario you describe in 2.4, but I see the drop-down for my short integer domain (using a SQL Server EGDB):

Can you share some more details:

1. RDBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, etc).
  2. Release of the RDBMS (ex, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 64-bit).
  3. How did you configure the Get Attributes command (perhaps share a screenshot like mine?)
  4. Does it work for another feature class?

Thank you!

Scott