AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Desktop Layout View graphics not exporting properly

Question asked by jeanette.harlow on Jul 31, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2019 by jeanette.harlow

I am trying to create a table in Desktop - layout view.  I'm using the Insert - Object - Microsoft Excel Worksheet options.

I'm able to create a nice - crisp table of data just fine.  I would like to have each line alternate in a yellow highlight to make things easier to locate.  This works just fine when creating, and adding to my map.Layout view of alternating Yellow/White table lines.

The problem lies in trying to export the map to a printable format.  (For one reason or another, I can not print my map as a large poster straight from the .mxd.  However, I was able to print a small version, and the highlighting prints out just fine.)

When I save the layout image as a .jpeg, .png, or a .pdf, the table background (that I set in my excel spreadsheet as alternating lines of white and yellow) shows as transparent. 

I was able to set the background as white, to eliminate the transparency, by right clicking on the table, Properties - Frame - Background set as white.  However, I would like to keep the alternating yellow highlighting that I can assign in the Excel file, and that also appears on the layout view.

Any suggestions?

Outcomes