Utility Network Foundation tables missing when created using Create Utility Network gp tool

07-10-2019 08:37 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

Has anybody experienced the related tables missing from the Utility Network when it's created from scratch using the Create Utility Network gp tool?

I have followed the first 2 steps in Configure a utility network to create the Utility Network and a Network Domain and then used information from another geonet post to then export the asset package to get a clean version ready to develop from.

When looking at the new Naperville demo data in the file geodatabase from the UNF V3.1 ArcGIS Pro package, the package has ElectricCableMountDetail, ElectricCrossarm, ElectricDeviceUnit & ElectricWireData tables & relationship classes.

Is the Create Utility Network gp tool expected to provide these or do I have to copy these tables across to my own geodatabase. At the moment, I'm assuming no because these are specific to Electric Industry and how do you when to add them. Also, having seen this I could also assume these tables are not mandatory to the model and don't need to be added or your own version could be implemented.

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.4 with untools 2.4.0

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Create Utility Network only creates 3 feature classes - StructureJunction, StructureLine, and StructureBoundary.

If you want to copy those tables / RC between asset packages, that will work.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Paul,

Thanks for the information. I should have added in the title relating to the Add Domain Network gp tool as well like I did in the main body of the question.

As the tables are not created as part of the standard UN tool set, I'll be treating these as user-defined tables and not necessary for the UNF when the domain network is for the Electricity industry.

It's good to know that we can add as many tables & relationship classes to the UNF to extend its capability and remove any when the new models come out unless stated otherwise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Paul,

I just wanted our come back to this as I was reading the release notes for V3 again. The release notes state ‘The current data model includes the following new related tables’ to me means these should be created as part of the ‘add network domain’ process for the Utility Network Foundation.

Should the release notes be revised to remove or update to reflect these are from a use case and shows how capabilities can be introduced?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

The data models are configurations for a particular industry. You can create your own utility network from scratch, but the Utility Network Foundations are designed to provide a baseline for you to extend (eg, adding fields).

The core GP tools for creating your utility network are generalized, so they won't be creating wire tables for example.

0 Kudos