Editing a toolbox from multiple pro projects?

Jump to solution
07-08-2019 12:48 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I've just been bitten by an unexpected behavior and am looking for input on why this happened.

I created a Pro project (Test A), then created, edited, and saved a new model within the toolbox for that project.

While this model was running (with project Test A open) I wanted to create some additional Models within that toolbox.  

So I opened a new project (Test B), then ADDED the toolbox from Test A to the Catalog pane for Test B.  I created some models and saved them in the Test A toolbox, from within project Test B.

All seems fine, the newly added models run with no problem, and saving with no warning.

However, the new models never show up in the Test A project Catalog pane.  I've saved within both projects, refreshed the Catalog pane within each project, and I'm seeing two different lists of models (see screen shot).  What really GOT me with this is that after I closed the projects and then re-opened them, ONLY the models created within project Test A exist.  All the other models I created and saved (apparently successfully) have vaporized.

What is going on? 

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Jay.  What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

We had somebody test this scenario and they are not able to reproduce it in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.  They were able to reproduce what you describe in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.  My guess is that it was something that has been fixed in the current version.  

Please upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.4, check your workflow again and circle back to let us know if it works for you.  Thank you.

What's New in ArcGIS Pro 2.4

Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.4

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Jay.  What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

We had somebody test this scenario and they are not able to reproduce it in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.  They were able to reproduce what you describe in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.  My guess is that it was something that has been fixed in the current version.  

Please upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.4, check your workflow again and circle back to let us know if it works for you.  Thank you.

What's New in ArcGIS Pro 2.4

Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.4

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Kory,

Yes, this must have been fixed in the 2.4 update.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos