Is there a way to handle Presentation Slides created for webmap in arcgis online in esri web appbuilder application?

07-08-2019 10:51 AM
Vara_PrasadM_S
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Team,

Could someone please guide me if there is a way to handle with Slides/Presentation created in WebMap in ArcGIS Online in any web app developed using ESRI Web AppBuilder with custom widgets/OOTB Widgets.

We need to have "Play" functionality in our Web Application which is built using ESRI Web AppBuilder using any custom widgets/OOTB Widgets.

Resources link to create presentations in ArcGIS Online.

Create presentations—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS .

Note: Not 3D Scene Slides.

I identified in debugger that, in the 'map' instance under 'webMapResponse' key, under 'itemInfo.itemData.presentation' we are getting the data related to presentation and slides in the created presentation are available.

Robert Scheitlin, GISP, Could you please help me in this regards also.

Thanks in advance!

With Regards,

Vara Prasad

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vara,

Interesting. I do not know of any widgets for this. I have never dealt with webMap presentations so I can not be of much help. Do you have a public webmap with a presentation? I would be intrested to see what the itemInfo.itemData.presentation object contains.

0 Kudos
Vara_PrasadM_S

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP,

I am very sorry, I do not have any public webmap. But, I can share a screenshot of what the data that object contains. Another thing I observed is when slides are been navigated in play mode, few 'Query' requests are been sent with f=pbf

PBF Format ("Protocolbuffer Binary Format"). I am not aware how to consume the results in this format in ArcGIS Server JS API. Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot!

With Regards,

Vara Prasad

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vara,

Seems like developing a widget for this would be relatively easy. It would just set the base map and maps extent and visible layers and display the title text ad have a next and previous button. It might be time for you to build your first widget.

0 Kudos
Vara_PrasadM_S

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP,

Thanks for the reply!

You mean to say, if we send Query request with f=pbf, then it would automatically set the base map and map's extent and other things you said or we need to do all these based on the itemInfo.itemData.presentation with out Query request with f=pbf.

Could you please elaborate little bit.

Thanks a lot!

With Regards,

Vara Prasad

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vara,

Sorry I confused you. My reply has nothing to do with the Query response format. That has no bearing on the fact that the this.map.webMapResponce object has all the data you need to set the basemap, extent and visible layer in your widgets code. No none of this is going to be automatic.

0 Kudos