ArcGIS SDK for QT - Sync Direction

06-27-2019 06:26 PM
EhabEl-Masry
New Contributor II

Hi

During building a QML app using ArcGIS SDK for QT, I faced a problem synchronizing one of the hosted feature services layers. The application is designed to create mobile geodatabase file, also all data edits done by a user is happening on one layer in this geodatabase, which is later gets synchronized to a hosted feature service on AGOL. In order to start the sync operation, the application create an instance from “SyncGeodatabaseParameters” class which has a “geodatabaseSyncDirection” property set to “SyncDirectionUpload”. Unlike what I expected, the sync operation is downloading changes took place on hosted feature service from AGOL, instead of just pushing local changes to the AGOL service.

I have create a pair of apps that demonstrate this case, please find the download link here. Please unzip the file, then you will find the following:

• Application 1: syncLayerDemo-add:
    • An application that has one layer added to the MapView control, “activity” layer, which is a hosted feature service layer on AGOL.
    • The “Add Record” buttons creates a new feature in a random location around the map center and add it directly to the layer

• Application 2: syncLayerDemo-sync
    • This application creates a local geodatabase file replica from the same hosted feature service used by “Application 1”, and add the “activity” layer to the MapView
    • The “Sync Features” buttons starts the sync operation, and the “activity” layer gets refreshed to show the newly added features

Test Scenario:

• Open “Application 1” and “Application 2”
  • Let the applications load
  • On “Application 1”
    • Press on “Add Record” button
    • A new point feature is added to the map
  • On “Application 2”
    • Press on the “Sync Features” button
    • Wait for the sync operation to finish

Expected: the sync operation pushes local changes from device to AGOL hosted feature service, and not to download any changes from AGOL hosted feature service to local device

Actual: the sync is pushing local changes and also downloading changes from AGOL.

Please let me know if you have any idea what might be the reason for this.

Thanks

Ihab Hassan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Looping in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt‌ to see if anyone in this group can answer this. 

0 Kudos