Can't sign in to Survey123Connect using enterprise Portal

Jump to solution
06-07-2019 09:52 AM
CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

Back sometime in 2018 I had installed Survey123Connect.  I don't recall whether I tried logging in or not, but I didn't get back to it until now.  Since the elapse of time, I figured it would be better to get the latest version, so uninstalled and installed version 3.3.5.1.  I tried to sign in to our enterprise Portal, but the sign-in button doesn't send me to the login page, or respond any manner.  I saw the info about Windows credentials, so I went there and there was an old credential, I presume related to my original install;  I deleted it, and tried signing in again.  Didn't work.  I switched to ArcGIS Online, and the sign-in button worked there (although I can't log in because I don't have an organizational account)

I can sign in to Survey123, just not Survey123Connect

Any ideas what might be the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

hi. I have a similar problem when update to the last connect. I delete the credentials but the problem persist. then I go in the app in configuration and delete the url of my portal and create again and then begin to work. try this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JeffPuuri
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem today.  I hadn't had to update my survey using Connect for a while until today.  When I start up Connect I am signed out.  When I press the button to Sign In, no response whatsoever.  I seem to be able to login to any other Esri service today except for this one, including the Survey123 site itself.  Possibly an issue with the login service from this particular app?  I am running v3.0.142.

0 Kudos
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

hi. I have a similar problem when update to the last connect. I delete the credentials but the problem persist. then I go in the app in configuration and delete the url of my portal and create again and then begin to work. try this.

CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, didn’t think of trying that. It worked.

0 Kudos
JeffPuuri
New Contributor II

jose valdes Thanks for providing all of your troubleshooting steps.  I tried deleting the portal, but that didn't work for me.  However, thanks to the extra info that you provided, I had forgotten about sometimes needing to use the Windows Credentials Manager to delete old login credentials for Survey123Connect (under the Windows Credentials).  Once I removed the old credentials, restart Survey123Connect, then press Sign In, I am prompted for my credentials, and everything is working again.  Thanks also to Cheryl Trine for the timeliness of your original post, maybe if someone else runs into this and finds your post, they will have two things to try for resolution, since it might depend on their situation which one will work.

0 Kudos
KathleenBallew
New Contributor II

I just had a similar problem and had to select the option to open the portal in a web browser for it to work.

0 Kudos