AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGISSignAddIn in Build Action generating dialogs

Question asked by danielrouleau on May 3, 2019
Latest reply on May 8, 2019 by danielrouleau

Hello, I have been reliably using the steps outlined in the following help doc to sign our ArcGIS Pro Add-Ins with no problems, until recently.

https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProGuide-Digitally-signed-add-ins-and-configurations

Lately, when attempting to run ArcGISSignAddIn.exe with the parameters suggested, I am getting a failure because a dialog is attempting to display and I am running headless in an Azure DevOps build pipeline. The version of Pro I'm using is 2.3.2, has there been any change in how this tool is working that would explain the behavior? Exception I get is copied below but not super informative as it doesn't display what the dialog was attempting to tell me. I can't pinpoint at exactly which release this stopped working but I see several builds that successfully signed the end of last year on Pro 2.2.

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.ShowCore(IWin32Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean showHelp)
at ArcGISSignAddIn.SignAddInHandler.OutputMsg(String msg)
at ArcGISSignAddIn.SignAddInHandler.CommandLineSignAddIn(String[] args)
at main(String[] args)

Outcomes