Anyone else can't edit source code for Query Layer?

05-02-2019 01:45 AM
MikeClease
New Contributor

Hi all,

We've recently upgraded to Pro 2.3 from 2.1 and since the switch I've found I'm unable to edit the SQL code for query layers.  I can go through all the steps (edit the code, validate, specify unique IDs etc.) hit OK, but then the query remains unchanged in the resulting table.

It's a bit frustrating to have to delete and recreate these each time I want to change the query slightly.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it a known bug? Has anyone found a solution? Have I posted this in the right place (new here...)?

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

What flavor of SQL and version of SDE? Is the storage type geography, geometry, or SDE Binary? Is the query syntax doing any joins? Is the feature class versioned, or archived, if so, is the query pointing to the business or delta table?

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Mike Clease‌ I'm able to repro, and have logged a case. It would helpful if you could add your specific environment and workflow to this thread, as I've referenced this post in the case. I identified a few other errors during the workflow as well. 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you creating a query layer where all the data resides in geodatabases?  Or is the query layer created from a database that is spatially enabled with SDE libraries?

MikeClease
New Contributor

Thanks both,

The data are just in a standard SQLServer (2014) database, which I was trying to add as a table via the 'add data' > 'query layer', was going to join to a feature class later in the workflow.  We don't have SDE (yet)...

0 Kudos