Remove Default Data from Details Window

04-25-2019 09:05 AM
ClaytonCooley1
New Contributor II

I recently put together a dashboard that reveals information based on the selection in the Category Selector tool. When the user selects a County, the information specific to that area is displayed in the Details window. This part works great, but I would like to keep the default data from appearing when the app opens (highlighted in red in my screenshot). I only want the data to be displayed once the user selects a county. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Community Awareness Dashboard screenshot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Clayton,

> I would like to keep the default data from appearing when the app opens (highlighted in red in my screenshot). I only want the data to be displayed once the user selects a county. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

This workflow is currently not possible in Ops Dashboard. Sorry. Please vote for the enhancement request,

Allow "No Data on Opening of Dashboard" Option for Gauges/Indicators 

EDIT: Any chance you could share the link to your Dashboard if it's public? Thanks.

Hope this helps,

ClaytonCooley1
New Contributor II

Derek,

Thank you for confirming that this is not currently possible. I upvoted the Idea request. 

I did, thankfully, realize a workaround for now. Since it's based on the first ObjectID, I just added a blank row and then cut/paste the original data back into the feature class. This did the trick and now the Details window is blank once I open the Dashboard. 

This is a Public Dashboard and you're welcome to take a look at it here:

Mississippi Forestry Commission Community Awareness Dashboard 

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing a link to your Dashboard - looks great!

0 Kudos