ArcGIS Pro Create Enterprise GDB Fails in Postgres

Jump to solution
04-19-2019 11:49 AM
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

Hey so I'm creating a new enterprise gdb using Pro 2.3.2. And the tool fails with this message:

User has privileges required to create database objects.
Geodatabase admin user already exists.
Database created.
Validated authorization file.
User has required privileges for geodatabase setup.
XML support is enabled for the database instance.
 You must copy the latest ST_GEOMETRY library to the PostgreSQL software location. Refer to the ArcGIS help topics for more details.
 Connected RDBMS instance is not setup for Esri spatial type configuration.
 Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).
Failed at Friday, April 19, 2019 1:47:20 PM (Elapsed Time: 3.14 seconds)

But the tool runs fine in ArcMap/catalog. Any tips?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using ArcMap 10.6.x or earlier?  And are you using PostgreSQL 10.x?  If so, then you'll need to upgrade your ArcMap to 10.7 and copy the latest ST_GEOMETRY.DLL to your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\lib so that AGP 2.3.x and ArcMap 10.7.x can use the same *.dll to create the enterprise geodatabase.  I saw this error when I upgraded PostgreSQL from 9.5 to 10.0.  I'm now at ArcMap 10.7.0 and ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 and can create enterprise geodatabases in both for a PostgreSQL RDBMS.

If it's not possible to upgrade your ArcMap to 10.7.0, then you can continue to create your enterprise geodatabases in ArcMap and then make database connections to them in AGP.  Or downgrade to an earlier version of PostgreSQL???  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using ArcMap 10.6.x or earlier?  And are you using PostgreSQL 10.x?  If so, then you'll need to upgrade your ArcMap to 10.7 and copy the latest ST_GEOMETRY.DLL to your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\lib so that AGP 2.3.x and ArcMap 10.7.x can use the same *.dll to create the enterprise geodatabase.  I saw this error when I upgraded PostgreSQL from 9.5 to 10.0.  I'm now at ArcMap 10.7.0 and ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 and can create enterprise geodatabases in both for a PostgreSQL RDBMS.

If it's not possible to upgrade your ArcMap to 10.7.0, then you can continue to create your enterprise geodatabases in ArcMap and then make database connections to them in AGP.  Or downgrade to an earlier version of PostgreSQL???  Hope this helps.

roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Robert. This is the issue - we'll look into upgrading to 10.7 and use arcmap in the meantime. Thanks!