Need help with adding a custom form to Survey123 print

04-05-2019 09:14 AM
MichelleFults
New Contributor II

With the latest Survey123.arcgis.com  update a couple of weeks ago, I can no long "manage a template".  I need to add a custom report template to the forms when I am  looking to print a report.  I can't seem to find the "manage a template" in the print form anymore....I am not the owner of the form or the survey.  This is what I get when I select "Report".   It just disappear.  I have watch videos on adding templates and have even added a template done by our consultant before this latest update. Any suggestions:  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle,

It is by design that the 'Manage templates' options are limited to the survey owner.  This is the same behavior that has always been in place.  If you would like to add a report template to a survey that you do not own, you will need to give it to the owner to add or have ownership of the survey (including all components).

We do have an enhancement request in place to allow for the sharing of report template management, which I will add your comments to.

Best,

Brandon 

0 Kudos
MichelleFults
New Contributor II

Thank you, yes I believe the ESRI rep Luba put that in on my behave, I just

thought I would see if anyone else had a work around. I have up until like

2 weeks ago been able to add any template that the owner sent to me so I

guess I am not sure about your statement on that it has always been that

way. I will continue to work with a broken printing system especially

since the contractor who is the owner is out of the country for the next

several weeks. It only makes sense to all anyone in the group to add

templates that they need and not have to see money to send templates to the

contractor to reprint and upload. I am very frustrated with the process

right now.Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Michelle

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for your feedback, Michelle. 

As mentioned, we do intend to review adding the ability to share template report access to others beyond the survey owner. Having said that, we do not currently have a timeline.

In the meantime, you might be able to Export the data to an FGDB, publish the FGDB as a Feature Service, use Survey123 Connect to Create a survey from existing feature service, and then add the report template once the survey is created with you as the owner.

Hope this helps.

Brandon 

0 Kudos