Electric Utility Network Migration Tools

04-01-2019 12:55 PM
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor
Version 1 of the Electric Utility Network Migration Tools are now available for download from this post.
The Electric Utility Network Migration Tools help you transform electric system data from a geometric network to a utility network using FME or ArcGIS Pro with the Data Interoperability Extension.  It includes a workbench, assembly builder, a schema mapper, tools, sample data, and documentation. 
The provided workbench, assembly builder, schema mapper, and sample source data are set up for a schema that is very similar to how an electric distribution system is typically represented as a geometric network.  You will need to further configure the workbench, assembly builder, and schema mapper for your source data.
Please use this GeoNet discussion to ask questions and share your feedback.  
7 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Howard,

Can you please confirm the minimum versions of the software required (eg. FME 2018.1, ArcGIS Pro V2.3.2) for this and the versions used (eg. Electric package V2.0.1)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

The minimum versions are FME 2018.1.1 build 18567 or the ArcGIS Data Interop Extension with ArcGIS Pro 2.3 or ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7

The asset package is Electric V2.  The instructions will have you append an included File Geodatabase named "AssetPackageAdditions" into the V2 asset package.  AssetPackageAdditions includes additional rules and association roles for the sample data.

0 Kudos
AaronSapsford
Esri Contributor

Hey team.

I'm having no end of trouble trying to get this latest workbench open in Interop/Pro 2.3.2.  When I browse to the location to open the fmw file, Interop crashes.  No warning, error or logs generated.  I've checked the ErrorReports folder in my profile and there is nothing new created there to indicate what's happened.

Has anyone had or reported a similar issue?  I'm thinking about cleaning out Pro and installing 2.3 fresh and NOT updating it.

Any ideas?

Regards

Aaron.

0 Kudos
AaronSapsford
Esri Contributor

Today's top tip:  Don't upgrade Pro with Interop to 2.3.2

For some reason the V2 work bench (which incidentally still has V1 in the zip file name) works in ArcGIS Pro/Interop 2.3.

I've repeated/tested both scenarios on my local install an I've found 2.3.2 refuses to open the workbench in Interop.

Regards

Aaron

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

It is being looked into.

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

Thanks Aaron Sapsford‌ for letting us know.  I just experienced the same behavior and we're looking into it now.

The V1 is the version of the Electric Migration Tools.  We decided it was best to version the Electric Migration Tools separate from the asset package versions.

Regards,

Howard

BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, we have determined the issue behind Pro 2.3.2 Workbench sessions crashing, here are the details and workaround.  The crash occurs when Pro sets a PYTHONPATH environment variable if the filesystem is browsed.  To edit the Electric Migration workspace check if PYTHONPATH is set (Python window, import os, see if os.environ.get('PYTHONPATH') is None) and if it is start a new Pro session or unset it with del os.environ['PYTHONPATH'].  Start Workbench either from the filesystem C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Data Interoperability for ArcGIS Pro\fmeworkbench.exe or the analysis ribbon and drag the FMW file into the canvas without browsing for it.