AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why would a Python script output an empty feature class for on xy to point process, but not another?

Question asked by lsaunders on Mar 26, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2019 by Dan_Patterson

I have a Python script using Python 2.7 and arcpy (not from Pro).  This script queries a sql server database and writes the results to a table.  I then try to use that tables xy columns to create points with the XY event layer tool and copy features in the script.  All seems to go okay until I get an empty output.  I have run this in desktop, and it works from the same table that is created, I have tried it in Pro with the XYTableToPoints tool and it works.  I have tried creating a model and using that, it works when the model runs in the application, but not in the script.  

I have another similar script that works fine...but for some reason this one is not happy..even though I copied most of the code just modifying the query and the output fields.  Any ideas or has anyone seen this?  The version I'm running on this server is 10.5.1 as there are other dependencies for some automated scripts that run on the same server.

Outcomes