Unable to update feature (feature view) in offline-mode Collector App

Jump to solution
03-22-2019 04:25 AM
GISTeam4
Occasional Contributor

I've made a Web Map with 1 Feature Layer and 2 "Hosted View, Feature Layers". I've set up the map as such to visualize 1 Feature Layer in different ways in 1 map.

When I open the map in ArcGIS Collector on Android, Online, I can edit the layers and there is no problem. When I take the map offline it tells me I cannot update the feature.

Is it possible to edit Hosted View, Feature Layers offline? If so: what could I be doing wrong?

I have read: Take the same layer offline twice in Collector using feature layer views and Create hosted feature layer views from ESRI.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Liedeke,

From my testing, I have been able to do hosted views in Collector and have been able to take them offline. I have a few questions regarding the error message that you are receiving in Collector. 

1. What version of Collector are you working?
  2. What device and version
  3. Is there anything in particular with this web map (related tables,custom basemap, attachments etc.)?
  4. Does this occur with all hosted views or only this web map? 

Thank you,

Luba

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Liedeke,

From my testing, I have been able to do hosted views in Collector and have been able to take them offline. I have a few questions regarding the error message that you are receiving in Collector. 

1. What version of Collector are you working?
  2. What device and version
  3. Is there anything in particular with this web map (related tables,custom basemap, attachments etc.)?
  4. Does this occur with all hosted views or only this web map? 

Thank you,

Luba

GISTeam4
Occasional Contributor

Hello Luba, 

Thanks for your answer. While trying to answer your question I noticed I am able to update feature while using another basemap. So the basemap was causing the problem.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the symbology working.

Again, thanks!

0 Kudos
GISTeam4
Occasional Contributor

Hello Luba,

At first, as I stated in my previous comment, the problem was solved using another basemap. After reloading the map, however, the problem reoccured. I've tried the same map on a different device (Nokia) and the problem seems to be gone again. It's not a very consistent problem it seems. I'm hoping the problem was caused by the device and it won't occur for the field workers.

For now, thanks for your time and help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Liedeke,

Thank you for updating me on the issue. I'd be more than happy to look into this issue to see if it's something device specific. It could need an update for the device or the application. What is the device that you are seeing inconsistent behavior with? What version of collector is on this device? 

Have the field workers do a quick test before they go out and see if they are experiencing inconsistent behavior. If the whole team is having issues with the web map, we can create a group and I can attempt to reproduce this issue on my end. 

Keep me updated.

Best,

Luba

0 Kudos