Local content only available with network connection

Jump to solution
03-19-2019 11:46 AM
StephenBrinson
New Contributor II

I finally got my app displaying an ENC from my machine, but if I take the machine offline the map viewer doesn't load anything.  When I run the same app on a different computer with a network connection it also doesn't load the ENC.  I thought it might be a licensing issue, but adding the line from the (very lacking) licensing documentation causes my app to not run at all.  The only reason we chose this route was to be able to display ENCs without a network connection.  What is the cause of this behavior?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenBrinson
New Contributor II

I've discovered the root of the problem and thought I should put it here in case anyone else runs into the same problem in the future.  If you're just trying to display your own maps or charts offline and don't want it to load the rest of the world from the internet you can call new Map() without giving it a Basemap parameter.  Trying and failing to load the Basemap from the internet without a connection is what causes it to fail and display nothing.  I still can't figure out why I can't reproduce this on another machine, but that appears to be a separate issue, possibly a path problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenBrinson
New Contributor II

I've discovered the root of the problem and thought I should put it here in case anyone else runs into the same problem in the future.  If you're just trying to display your own maps or charts offline and don't want it to load the rest of the world from the internet you can call new Map() without giving it a Basemap parameter.  Trying and failing to load the Basemap from the internet without a connection is what causes it to fail and display nothing.  I still can't figure out why I can't reproduce this on another machine, but that appears to be a separate issue, possibly a path problem.

0 Kudos