Editing within a Selection Layer

03-13-2019 07:35 PM
AndrewBarker3
New Contributor III

I've got 10k points in a local scene in 2.3.0, I select 66 of them and right click, Selection, Make Layer from Selected Features.  I turn off my 10k points.  Then I clear the selection and select 20 points from within the 66.  I choose edit from the Ribbon, I click Move in Tools and tada, all 66 of my points select themselves and if I try to move, they all move.  

I only wanted to move the 20.

I guess, I could make a subsequent Layer from Selected Features but still, this isn't what I'd call works as designed.  I don't know why it's doing a select all that I didn't initiate.  

Does anybody else find this?  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewBarker3
New Contributor III

As it turns out, making a secondary (inception) selection layer causes the opposite to happen.  You select, then click Move and the selection disappears.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andrew, are all the points moved that you select or is it just a graphical glitch?

Yes I see the same behavior with all the points showing the move feedback but only those selected complete the move. Regardless, I'll enter an issue.

Thanks

Sean

AndrewBarker3
New Contributor III

Hi Sean,

Thanks for following up.  I see what you mean now.

Yes they all highlight, yes they all APPEAR to move but the originally unselected points revert to their original locations whilst the selected ones do actually do the move, after the commit (F2).  

So it's only a minor glitch.

0 Kudos