Select to view content in your preferred language

Disabling M & Z values in Model Builder

Jump to solution
03-01-2019 06:57 AM
PrestonEllison
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to disable the M & Z values in either the 'geotagged photos to points' or 'spatial join' geoprocessing tools within Model Builder. I know you can do this outside the Model in your workspace but the environment setting is not available in the tool's dialogue box within the Model. In the model you can however right click the tool>properties and see the Environments tab which does have M & Z value to manipulate but there is no option to disable, only to select resolution, tolerance and that the output has the value.

The ultimate goal is to be able to use the 'delete identical' or 'integrate' tools with the new point feature.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try exposing these environments as inputs to the tool? (Right click the tool, environments, pick the environment setting from the menu.)

These are string variables you can set to "Disabled" to turn off Z values or M values.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PrestonEllison
Occasional Contributor

Found a solution besides exporting the model to a script and adding the following language...

arcpy.env.outputZFlag = "Disabled"   
arcpy.env.outputMFlag = "Disabled"

In Catalog, right click the Model, select debug>environments tab. From here you can disable both M & Z values. This is an extra couple of steps that takes away from the purpose of the model. The setting of the environment should be able to be saved.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try exposing these environments as inputs to the tool? (Right click the tool, environments, pick the environment setting from the menu.)

These are string variables you can set to "Disabled" to turn off Z values or M values.

PrestonEllison
Occasional Contributor

I missed the notification on this so i apologize for the late reply but YES, this worked. Thank You.

0 Kudos