AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculate field calculating even when question is not relevant

Question asked by jacksonl_NEORSD on Feb 28, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2019 by Philip.Wilson-esristaff

I have a section of my Survey123 form that is only relevant if the inspector is completing the "Full" vs. the "Simple"; however, the calculate field (q_sum) within the group is calculating even when the simple form is completed, as is the question dependent on the calculate field (behi). I do not want these fields to calculate or autofill if the "Simple" form is being completed. When completing the "Simple" none of the questions in the group appear, but in the data table a value of "0" is present for q_sum and a value of "Low" is present for behi. I have tried leaving the relevant column blank, as well as several other scenarios, and always the q_sum and behi fields are completed. Anyone have any suggestions of what I am doing wrong?

begin groupsecond_groupBEHI Pre-Screening:If "Yes" to 2 or more of the following questions, perform BEHI.  If not, BEHI = Low.       ${Insp_type}="Full"                 
select_one yes_noprescrn_q1Does the bank exhibit less than or equal to 50% protection at the toe?yesAll 6 BEHI Pre-screening questions must be answered.
select_one yes_noprescrn_q2Does 50% or more of the bank exhibit an undercut of 6 inches or more?yesAll 6 BEHI Pre-screening questions must be answered.
select_one yes_noprescrn_q3Does 50% or more of the bank exhibit stratification where at least one layer is erodible material?yesAll 6 BEHI Pre-screening questions must be answered.
select_one yes_noprescrn_q4Does 50% or more of the bank have a bank height of 10 feet or more with 50% or more soil exposure?yesAll 6 BEHI Pre-screening questions must be answered.
select_one yes_noprescrn_q5Does 50% or more of the bank exhibit roots lacking bank soil material?yesAll 6 BEHI Pre-screening questions must be answered.
select_one yes_noprescrn_q6Is 50% or more of the bank void of rooted vegetation?yesAll 6 BEHI Pre-screening questions must be answered.
calculateq_sumSum of Questions:${prescrn_q1} != '' and ${prescrn_q2} != '' and ${prescrn_q3} != '' and ${prescrn_q4} != '' and ${prescrn_q5} != '' and ${prescrn_q6} != ''number(${prescrn_q1}) + number(${prescrn_q2}) + number(${prescrn_q3}) + number(${prescrn_q4}) + number(${prescrn_q5}) + number(${prescrn_q6})
textbehiBEHI:yes${prescrn_q1} != '' and ${prescrn_q2} != '' and ${prescrn_q3} != '' and ${prescrn_q4} != '' and ${prescrn_q5} != '' and ${prescrn_q6} != ''if(${q_sum} < 2, 'Low', 'Perform BEHI')
end group                            

Outcomes