Can someone send me the script files for one of their old web appbuilder apps that has street view?

Jump to solution
02-08-2019 12:21 PM
BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

Hopefully someone still has one that they are able to forward.  It would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

Web AppBuilder Custom Themes

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brandon,

If clicking in the ESRI map changes the street view window then No it is not compliant with their TOS. The only way it is good is if it is a Google Map that opens the street view or clicking on the Google map is the only thing that changes the street view

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brandon,

My Streetview widget was removed for the downloads because it was determined by Google Maps API Team that it is a violation of their TOS (Term of Service). Basically you can not open a street view from ANY other map beside a Google map period. There are one or two widgets still out there but all of them violate the Google Maps TOS and could cause your organization to have legal action taken against them. The only legal way I have seen this done is for a widget to open Google maps in a new window at the desired location and then for the user to open streetview from the Google maps window.

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

Which widget does this, opens a new window with google map?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

None that anyone has shared.

BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

Hello George:

Check this link: https://medium.com/@timwdeveloper/map-journal-customizations-part-3-street-view-button-859293e40aed

And this: Google Tools (which is in reference to Lefteris's post below)

LefterisKoumis

This topic has been discussed so many time in the past. As I pointed out before and Robert stated here,  the only way is to have the "widget to open Google maps in a new window at the desired location"

So, I scripted a widget that uses Google Street view and Google Earth as well. When user clicks on a location, another windows opens up from a google server and displays the streetview for that location. It works similarly for GE as well.

Just add it to your main config. Let me know how that works for you.

Not authorized to view the specified document 13037 

UPDATE: The file has been removed since it violates Google's TOS

BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

Lefteris/Robert/George:

Thanks. I have something similar to Lefteris's in one of my apps from copyng the code here https://medium.com/@timwdeveloper/map-journal-customizations-part-3-street-view-button-859293e40aed. What I was trying to ask does anyone still have the old widget even though most have been taken down (even though this may cause legal action). This does not seem to be the case (which is understandable. it seems to be more of an issue than what i thought). Another workaround alternative (hopefully more legal) that I just tested today was to create a google developer account and get some google api keys and create the streetview in a html file. From there I was able to embed the streetview html file I made through an iframe on another page I created. The other the page I embedded the streetview in has four other iframes of maps (one is not really a map. it is a page that has a user search input that you can look up tabular information although there are two maps also on this site in iframes). I do not think they charge for the google api keys when you acquire them through a developer account. Is that true? I would also like know if this route would be ok (legal)?

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

I changed the workflow, and hopefully it complies with Google's TOS. It is not straight forward process but that's the price to pay to get access to the Google tools.

By using the the Google Tools (https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-13056-googletoolszip )  widget, user clicks on the map where he/she wants to view Streetview or GE. The click will call the Google Maps window (index.html ) and pass on the coords of the location. The google maps window will open with an infowindow to select streetview or GE. So, in addition to the widget, you will need to post the index.html on your IIS and insert your Google API key to work. You can get a developer's Google Map API key at: Get API Key  |  Maps JavaScript API  |  Google Developers 

BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

This is a nice idea Lefteris. Thanks. I created the streetview in an iframe rather than from a tool like yours which takes you to an infowindow as I was stating above. I will definitely take a look at yours either way and maybe use it if I find out mine is not exactly street legal. It is just a bunch of iframes. I circled the streetview below. I think this should be street legal.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brandon,

If clicking in the ESRI map changes the street view window then No it is not compliant with their TOS. The only way it is good is if it is a Google Map that opens the street view or clicking on the Google map is the only thing that changes the street view