I have a problem with create enterprise geodatabase to use with AIS data model

02-04-2019 06:20 PM
Labels (1)
Bentorio
New Contributor III

Hi all!

I have some question again

Since the last topic that I post about creating a label for Enroute chart. [How to create airway label for Enroute chart]

I try to study about how to apply an AIS data model to a geodatabase. This is my first time to use the ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting.

If I understand correctly, For the data I want to use with the aeronautical function it have to collect in the AIS data model in the enterprise geodatabase right?

I read from this link Import AIXM 5.1 to AIS but I have a problem about create enterprise database to apply the AIS data model. 

Is there anyway to apply the AIS data model and enable functions of ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting to a normal geodatabase not enterprise geodatabase because I don't have a ArcGIS for Server license.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alongkorn,

You can import the AIS data model into a file geodatabase and set that up as your Production Database.  You can also use a file geodatabase for you Product Library database, too.   You would be able to run most all of the tools needed, except for the Change Reporter.   You may want to see if you can use Database Server Desktop (SQL Express) in order to take advantage of versioning.   But file geodatabases are great to use for learning.  So on a an empty file geodatabase, right-click and choose Import XML workspace document and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\AviationCharting\Desktop10.3\Schemas and choose AISCharting_WGS84_GX.XML.

Also, didn't you have a previous query about requesting a copy of the training materials from the ArcGIS for Aviation Class you took?  We seem to have lost that post.  To follow up,  if you can send your request to aero@esri.com and tell us your Organization and supervisor's name and where and when you took the training, we may be able to share these with you.

Thanks.

Bentorio
New Contributor III

Hi David,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have done with your suggest to create AIS data model geodatabase and it work great.

Next thing I have to do is learning about this extension and all of tools. I'm very exited to use this extension to improve my company work before I came here no one can use ArcGIS so it was kept in the box for a long time. Luckily I'm a GIS officer and familiar with ArcGIS before.

For the copy of training material I will sent the request by email soon.

Thank you very much. I'm very appreciate with your cooperation. and I think I will have a lot of question in the future.

0 Kudos
Bentorio
New Contributor III

For another question. When I've finished create the geodatabase and get all of AIS data model then I can create feature in the layer right? Now my data was create in normal geodatabase so I have to copy features to AIS geodatabase. My concern is the parent and child feature for an example AIRSPACE layer there are 3 layer of airspace (Airspace, AirspaceArea, AirspaceLine) if I only copy the airspace from my normal geodatabase to an Airspace layer in AIS geodatabase how to update the others together or I have to create it manually?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

One important thing that you will need to do when loading your AIS geodatabase, is to populate the GFID fields on the feature classes and tables.  See Populating the GUID field—Help | ArcGIS Desktop .    If using the ImportAixm51 or ImportAixm45 functions, this is done for you.  But if you are populating it by other means (I suggest ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension if you will repeat the process)  You would need to ensure the GFID fields are populated since they are used by tools and by relationship classes.   

You would populate the Airspace feature class; think of that as the actual data.   AirspaceLine and  AirspaceArea are populated for chart specific cartography by tools.  You would use these tools further down the implementation process,  once the data is loaded/edited and you are configuring chart products.  see: 

Airspace line creation—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Airspace area creation—Help | ArcGIS Desktop