Data model versions in defence mapping - mcgp

Jump to solution
02-04-2019 12:04 AM
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

We are about to start setting up product on demand using defense mapping in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6. We use the MCGP data model with version 4.4 of the technical reference document, but the link below says that esri defence mapping only supports up to version 4.2 of the TRD for MCGP.

Esri Defense Mapping | Features 

Does anyone know if 4.4 will be supported any time soon?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

If Esri Defense Mapping is installed, then the geodatabases you are looking for are installed by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\EsriDefenseMapping\Desktop10.6\Mgcp\Schema\Gdb

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

13 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Jill,

Thank you for your question. TRD 4.4 is supported. The product page that is referenced in the link you provided needs to be updated. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info Dan.

Jill

0 Kudos
jimjones1
New Contributor

Hi, please how can I get access to the MCGP  technical reference document (TRD) 

and MGCP Extraction Guide

and MGCP Semantic Information Model

and MGCP ESRI Shapefile Implementation Rules.

0 Kudos
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jim

The NGA Content Extraction Specification site can be filtered on MGCP to provide the extraction guide information.  

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pcf-east-io-aws-broker-2157d01a-51d4-40bb-848b-c814daf9120f/pages/topicInde...

Any other MGCP specifications or documents would be available through the MGCP program.

The MGCP data model and map portrayal support files are available with the Esri Defense Mapping product.

Regards, 

Bo

jimjones1
New Contributor

Thanks Bo, the link was very helpful. 

I would appreciate any pointers to the MGCP program.

ibrahimSaliu_Ajobunu
New Contributor

Thanks, Bo and thanks jim for posting this question

Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jim

There are many articles available online, such as the one below, however, I don't believe the MGCP program maintains a public facing website.  Access to the program would be through the member nations.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gpccb/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/10163229/GP_Dellagnello.pdf

Have a nice weekend,

Bo

0 Kudos
JenniferStarbuck1
New Contributor III

"The MGCP data model and map portrayal support files are available with the Esri Defense Mapping product."

Does this mean there are blank MGCP databases temples that are read to use for feature collection? I have all the extraction guidance documents, I am looking for the Database to do feature collection in. 

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

Will you be collecting features using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro?

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos