Select to view content in your preferred language

Moving map while using select by polygon tool.

Jump to solution
01-14-2019 10:53 AM
NEILPARSONS
New Contributor

What am I doing wrong. All I am trying to do is select points using the polygon selection tool. Every time I go to move the map what I have partially drawn disappears. I have tried holding C but even then the minute I move the map what I have drawn disappears. So frustrating. In ArcMap I just use the arrow keys the map moves and I can keep on drawing my selection polygon. What am I doing wrong. Thank you in advance for your time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You are not doing anything wrong. This has been posted as an idea: ArcGIS Pro: Allow panning and zooming while using the "Select by Polygon" tool 

... and this feature will be include in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 which will be availble in a couple of week as shown in this video:

Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 - YouTube 

Just scroll to 3:51

View solution in original post

3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You are not doing anything wrong. This has been posted as an idea: ArcGIS Pro: Allow panning and zooming while using the "Select by Polygon" tool 

... and this feature will be include in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 which will be availble in a couple of week as shown in this video:

Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 - YouTube 

Just scroll to 3:51

NEILPARSONS
New Contributor

Thank you so much.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This does indeed work in Pro 2.3 Beta by holding the C key down, so hopefully you will be able to upgrade the Pro software when ESRI releases 2.3.