Update in compare app template for it to compare up to 2 maps only?

Jump to solution
12-13-2018 08:28 AM
DianaMoreno
New Contributor

Hey there,

Perhaps someone knows what happened with the Compare customizable web application template and its capability to compare up to 4 maps? One week ago I created an application for the comparison of 4 different scenarios. Currently, when attempting to create one of those the description "Visualizes geographic phenomena in 2D or 3D using two side-by-side or stacked views" appear. And consequently, only 2 maps can be uploaded. 

Carmel Connolly

#compareapptemplate

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I wonder if you could use Bookmarks in a web map with the new app to accomplish this workflow? Do you have an existing example of your compare workflow? Or screen shots showing how you viewed the synced maps. If so can you send them to me at khutchins@esri.com

The 'old' compare app application is here: 

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=87ac24135d5341b39b871ff02f3afe49 

You can follow the steps in the first paragraph under the 'Can I still create apps from these templates even after they are moved to mature phase?' question in this blog post: 

Configurable Apps Announcement – Apps Scheduled to move to Mature Support Phase December 2018

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyHutchins

Correct the new version of compare only allows you to compare 2 maps. You are still able to use the 'old' Compare Analysis app by adding it to your template gallery in ArcGIS Online. Details on how to continue using the 4 map version can be found here: 

Configurable Apps Announcement – Apps Scheduled to move to Mature Support Phase December 2018 

What types of apps are you building that allow comparing 4 maps? More details about the use case will help us determine if there's a way we can support this capability in the new app. 

DianaMoreno
New Contributor

Unfortunately, I deleted the application before knowing this since it needed updated new maps and text. It doesn't exist in my content anymore. 

In my research group, we find it quite useful since we are trying to depict data on different scenarios and variables. For example the investment cost of a certain technology based on the geographical location considering their distances to energy point sources. Therefore, the user can navigate through the synced maps and see how it varies from km to km (I was working with a raster file).

Any idea how/if I can bring the template back? I tried to replace it with a Story map series, it doesn't deliver the same value though since the user cannot visualize all the map in the same window.

Thanks Kelly Hutchins's Blog

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I wonder if you could use Bookmarks in a web map with the new app to accomplish this workflow? Do you have an existing example of your compare workflow? Or screen shots showing how you viewed the synced maps. If so can you send them to me at khutchins@esri.com

The 'old' compare app application is here: 

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=87ac24135d5341b39b871ff02f3afe49 

You can follow the steps in the first paragraph under the 'Can I still create apps from these templates even after they are moved to mature phase?' question in this blog post: 

DianaMoreno
New Contributor

Hey Kelly

Thank you for your help, I have been able to set it up the way I needed it now. The final application is here in case you wonder why I needed the 4 map comparison https://aau.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CompareAnalysis/index.html?appid=954679e42dc54da5bb958f9d1a88cddb 

Thanks again Kelly Hutchins's Blog

0 Kudos