Feature Service Configuration

Jump to solution
12-10-2018 01:50 PM
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I have a two part question. I have a quickcapture application which uses a AGOL hosted feature layer. We do not have portal but I would like to be able to use our own GIS server. Can quickcapture be configured to use a feature service hosted on our own ArcGIS server?

Second question is, can I have multiple geometry types available to be collected at the same time? I would like to have a point feature button as well as a line within the same screen.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian

1) Yes, if you have a 10.5 or later server service then you will first need to secure the service and then add it as an item on ArcGIS online with the credentials stored in it.

Steps
- Obtain the URL of the secured service. Ensure the URL is to the FeatureServer endpoint. For example:
http://arcgis-sydneyserver-1447957614.ap-southeast-2.elb.amazonaws.com/arcgis/rest/services/Assets/F...
- In your ArcGIS organization, browse to My Contents, select Add Item and choose From Web.
- Paste the URL of the service.
- Enter the credentials and save the item.

Finally, tag the service item with the tag QuickCapture and sign in to the app using your ArcGIS Online account.

2) Points, lines and polygons are supported in a single project. They just need to be in the same multilayer feature service.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian

1) Yes, if you have a 10.5 or later server service then you will first need to secure the service and then add it as an item on ArcGIS online with the credentials stored in it.

Steps
- Obtain the URL of the secured service. Ensure the URL is to the FeatureServer endpoint. For example:
http://arcgis-sydneyserver-1447957614.ap-southeast-2.elb.amazonaws.com/arcgis/rest/services/Assets/F...
- In your ArcGIS organization, browse to My Contents, select Add Item and choose From Web.
- Paste the URL of the service.
- Enter the credentials and save the item.

Finally, tag the service item with the tag QuickCapture and sign in to the app using your ArcGIS Online account.

2) Points, lines and polygons are supported in a single project. They just need to be in the same multilayer feature service.

Thanks

John