Adjoint Catchment Processing Error

Jump to solution
12-01-2018 01:58 PM
Labels (1)
ForrestPilone
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone.

I have been working on an Arc Hydro project for the past 3 days now, trying to delineate small watersheds from about 60 pour points for a school project. I've been doing a good amount of terrain pre processing - stream definition -> stream segmentation -> Catchment Grid Delineation ->Catchment Polygons -> Drainage Line Processing, and I plan to use adjoint catchments and then the batch watershed tool. So far, everything has worked until I get to adjoint catchments. I'm working from a network (z-drive) geodatabase, and I have saved everything to the local c-drive as per other threads, but the error still occurs at Adjoint Catchments. When I run Adjoint Catchments, nothing is accomplished, the processing just continuously goes and goes, and a popup error comes up in the background shortly after the tool begins (as it's own window, see attached) that says: ESRI.APWR.Ap.Framework createpTable, -5641 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL had been returned from a call to a COM component. And then some more errors (see attached).

I have no idea what to do, this is an introductory GIS class, so I'm not very familiar with the program. This project is due very, very soon, so I really need some help.

Thanks for everything.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ForrestPilone
New Contributor II

So this is a very simple solution - you just have to go to that error pop up in the background and press ok, and that's it. Sorry for the hassle everyone! Don't know if this is a problem with just my computer, but that's the solution. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ForrestPilone
New Contributor II

So this is a very simple solution - you just have to go to that error pop up in the background and press ok, and that's it. Sorry for the hassle everyone! Don't know if this is a problem with just my computer, but that's the solution. 

0 Kudos
Eng_A_SH
New Contributor III

Hello.
Could you explain further how this problem was solved ? 
I'm having the same issue and I couldn't understand how it was solved.

ForrestPilone
New Contributor II

Hi. So this was a while back so I don't recall all of the details and intricacies, but from what I remember when I ran the adjoint catchments tool, a popup error message appears in the background (I think it popped up in another window behind the arcmap window so it is initially hidden). All I did was find that pop up window and click ok and the tool worked. 

0 Kudos