Publish GTFS Realtime feed through ArcGIS Online/Enterprise

Jump to solution
11-25-2018 05:19 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've been asked by my supervisor to investigate whether GTFS realtime information could be shared to the public through ArcGIS Online/Enterprise.

We're in the initial process of putting together Portal (including GeoEvent), so I haven't been able to test any of the functionality myself.

The Question

We have access to a non-scalable GTFS real time feed (that we can't expose to the public - as it's not scalable).

But, we were wondering whether we could ingest this data into ArcGIS Online and share that with the public/developers as a GTFS Real time feed?

And help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Gee

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Geethaka,

> We're in the initial process of putting together Portal (including GeoEvent) ... we were wondering whether we could ingest this data into ArcGIS Online and share that with the public/developers as a GTFS Real time feed?

If you have ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, then yes. It looks like GeoEvent Server can consume GTFS data feeds as direct input,

Input connectors—Real-time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

(GTFS is listed on the input connector table)

GeoEvent Server can share the GTFS data as a stream service, which can then be used in ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Geethaka,

> We're in the initial process of putting together Portal (including GeoEvent) ... we were wondering whether we could ingest this data into ArcGIS Online and share that with the public/developers as a GTFS Real time feed?

If you have ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, then yes. It looks like GeoEvent Server can consume GTFS data feeds as direct input,

Input connectors—Real-time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

(GTFS is listed on the input connector table)

GeoEvent Server can share the GTFS data as a stream service, which can then be used in ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS.

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the quick response.

And, I'm glad that we'll be able to get it to work.

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
GISSupport5
New Contributor

If you are running something less than 10.6.x which does not have this connector, use the gitHub connector:

GitHub - Esri/gtfsrealtime-for-geoevent: ArcGIS GeoEvent Server sample connector for GTFS (Google Tr...