Survey 123 and Hosted Feature Layer Views

11-22-2018 08:04 AM
TonyViveiros1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have an existing survey that captures tree information; however, the hosted feature layer is becoming quite large so performance is really slow when refreshing the Inbox to edit data (even with spatial filtering enabled. Note: I've increased the maximum record count from 1000 to 10000).  As a result, I've created a test hosted feature view from the main hosted feature layer for a particular area.  I've created a second S123 form from the first survey, with slight default survey response differences (including a unique ID that concatenates the community being surveyed with time) & would like to use that against the hosted feature view. However, creating a new survey from an existing survey creates a new hosted feature layer. This is not what I want.  I want the new survey to reference the hosted view.  Is my only option to create a new survey from the hosted view and then edit the new survey to essentially look like the first? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

To target the same feature Service with a new Survey, follow these steps:

-Open your Survey Excel file.

-Go to the "settings" tab.

-Add a submission_url. The Url should be similar to this: https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/4adf71e8106245h08f1126dfb30cdi3f 

-Send your Survey to AGOL

0 Kudos
TonyViveiros1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Nicolas.  I wasn't sure how to get the submission_url so created a new survey from the hosted view to get at that.  After pasting that url along with the form_id into the test survey I created from my main survey I was able to save and publish.  However, when trying to refresh the Inbox to view the data get the attached error message.

Error obtained when refreshing inbox in survey that references hosted feature view.

0 Kudos
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

You are right that you also need the form_id. I forgot about it. I think it must match the Layer name of the Feature Service.

As for your error message, I am afraid I can't help you with that. You might need an answer from ESRI for that one.

0 Kudos