arcpy.SynchronizeChanges_management slow

Jump to solution
11-22-2018 02:12 AM
HiteshJilka
New Contributor III

Hello,

Parent Enterprise GDB: 10.3.1

Child Enterprise GDB: 10.4.1

We have standalone python sync script which sync changes in both direction.  We noticed that even for few changes the sync script takes more than 30 mins and if we sync in 1-Way direction, it takes appr 15 mins even if there are no any changes. But if we sync changes from ArcMAP (right click SDE connection --> Distributed geodatabase --> Synchronize changes), it takes less than 2 mins to complete (both 2-way and 1-way direction).

As we are using Network license, I found from ESRI community that license might take some time to load but I tested and found it takes less than 30 seconds. Also, we have set "import arcpy"  but result is same. 

Would anyone please help me on how we can speed up the process on standalone python script..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HiteshJilka
New Contributor III

Yes it was because of arcpy logs geoprocessing history into GDB.

You need to add either one of following line of code after "import arcpy" to turn off geoprocessing history..

arcpy.gp.logHistory = False

OR

arcpy.SetLogHistory(False)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LelandSnyder
New Contributor II

Did you ever figure out why this may be happening? I am experiencing something very similar.

0 Kudos
HiteshJilka
New Contributor III

Yes it was because of arcpy logs geoprocessing history into GDB.

You need to add either one of following line of code after "import arcpy" to turn off geoprocessing history..

arcpy.gp.logHistory = False

OR

arcpy.SetLogHistory(False)

LelandSnyder
New Contributor II

Thank you, this solved the problem. Sync takes less than a minute now.