Edits not saving in Hosted Feature Layer

11-21-2018 01:50 AM
SolanaFoo4
New Contributor III

I've got all editing enabled, I created the layer, so I have full permissions on it.  But the updates I make to the attribute table of the hosted feature layer only save about 5% of the time.  I originally was just updating fields with domains and saw that it wasn't saving properly.  I tried updating a simple integer field and saw the same issues.  I would end the edit session, open up the pop up for that feature and see the changes.  Then I would click another feature and go back to the original one and the changes would be gone?!  Symbology based on the updated field was rarely updating on the fly as well.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I had the same problem with some of my layers, it was extremely frustrating for our field crew who had to keep re-entering their field notes!

It's interesting that you're running into this problem now. I logged a bug with Esri that is documented as being fixed as of version 6.2.

For me, since the issue seemed to be caused on the initial opening of the widget, I had to tell my field crew to open the edit window, close it, and then reopen it again before entering any edits. This resulted in a much higher success rate of the edits "sticking". Still extremely frustrating though!

Maybe your issue will have a more straight forward fix - I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has any ideas!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek