Why do I get the error "unable to add feature service definition" when creating a feature service based on an existing service?

11-08-2018 03:32 PM
WalkerHenry
New Contributor II

My AGOL Org has a number of templates that users create their own hosted feature services off of by using the Create Feature Layer from an Existing Layer option under Content.

One of the templates is now giving the error "Unable to add feature service definition" when this action is attempted.

The error details say "Column name 'geometry' does not exist in the target table or view." Error

Is the 'target' the new feature service or the one being based on? The original feature service is a point geometry and appears fine.

The user that reported the issue was able to create a new feature service and then discovered the issue the next day when he was unable to enable attachments on his service. I don't know if the two issues are related. The error when enabling attachments is "There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'tablename' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'FK_servicename.' Could not create constraint or index. See previous errors.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is here?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you able to share the source feature service?

WalkerHenry
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

I can't share the service publicly. I can create you an account in our Organization if you'd be willing to test it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Walker,

Try getting in touch with tech support. That way a dedicated analyst can work through this issue with you and perform tests.

-Kelly

0 Kudos