AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculate field based on another joined field fails

Question asked by Sunny.Fleming on Oct 31, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2018 by KKramer-esristaff

I'm working in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 and I have a feature class from a geodatabase called "Seating." There is an empty field called "TSP_UID." I have joined another table from my local drive to this table.

Next, I wanted to calculate the seating.TSP_UID from the joinedtable.TSP_UID. 

In ArcGIS Pro - calculate field fails and gives me a 999999 error. In ArcMap - it says calculate field is successful, but it doesn't actually alter any of the attributes. 

Here's the python snippet from ArcMap:

# Replace a layer/table view name with a path to a dataset (which can be a layer file) or create the layer/table view within the script
# The following inputs are layers or table views: "TDEC_GIS_TSP.Seating"
arcpy.CalculateField_management(in_table="TDEC_GIS_TSP.Seating", field="TDEC_GIS_TSP.Seating.TSP_UID", expression="(!TDEC_GIS_TSP_JoinedTable.TSP_UID!)", expression_type="PYTHON", code_block="")

UPDATE: So I closed everything out and opened ArcGIS Pro back up and MAGICALLY the field in question was suddenly populated?! So - now this is even more annoying because I can't figure out when this occurred or why it finally worked, and I've got a handful of other feature classes to do this with. Yayyyyyy. ESRI MAGIC.

Outcomes