ArcGIS Pro is not recognizing my records in the attribute table

Jump to solution
10-22-2018 11:10 AM
ErinO_Connell1
New Contributor

When I try to calculate a field with 7 rows in ArcGIS Pro, the result only calculates the first 2 rows and not all 7. When I use the 'get count' tool to quantify the number of rows, it only counts 2. Values within the attribute table can be edited manually but are not recognized by any geoprocessing tools. 

I am using ArcGIS Pro v. 2.2.2  on a geodatabase feature class and have had similar problems with other datasets not being recognized in this version of Pro in the past few weeks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Get Count—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

since the tool honors the Extent environment parameter, is there a chance that the extent is limiting the query, regardless of what is selected (that is, it is making a selection from a selection

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

are any rows selected when you do the calculate?  Check and/or hit 'Clear'

Barring that a screen grab of the table while you are doing the field calculation might help

PS  if it just fouled up recently, try on totally different data to rule out the data, it's source and location.

or Add/Remove programs from Control Panel... do a 'Repair' incase your installation is corrupt

0 Kudos
ErinO_Connell1
New Contributor

396 road segments are selected, but geoprocessing tools only recognize 35 out of the 396, and therefore only runs the tool on those 35 segments and not all of the selected. I am having this same error with different datasets, however it does not occur if i bring this same dataset into ArcMap 10.3. It only occurs in ArcPro. 

See bottom left where I have 396 roads selected. however all the geoprocessing tools only recognize 35 rows and will only complete the field calculator (as well as all other geoprocessing) on those 35 it recognizes.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Get Count—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

since the tool honors the Extent environment parameter, is there a chance that the extent is limiting the query, regardless of what is selected (that is, it is making a selection from a selection