Errors when using hidden fields

10-15-2018 03:07 AM
PollyBryant
New Contributor II

I am pretty new to using Survey123 and I'm trying to set up a few hidden fields in my Survey 123 form but it keeps coming back with errors which I can't seem to fix. I am using Survey 123 Connect on my desktop to edit the spreadsheet.

1. Pulling data from a geopoint field to create hidden lat and long fields.

Type = hidden, name=lat, calculation= pulldata("@geopoint",${GPSLocation},"y") bind::esri@FieldType= esriFieldTypeDouble

Comes back with error:

The same error occurs for Longitude where I've used x instead of y.

2. Creating a group which just contains blank hidden fields that I can then edit at the back end of things once the survey has been submitted. I left the bind::esri@FieldType column blank as I read that the default was text which is what I want.

type = hidden, name= RespondedYN

Comes back with error:

I've attached my XLS sheet so that you can see exactly what I've done. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi J Rivers,

As you stated, it appears that there are errors being caused by having only hidden questions within a group. I was able to reproduce the issue, and I will make note of the behavior in our internal backlog.  In the meantime, can you please try to remove the 'begin group' and end group' from around the hidden questions and try to publish again? 

Please let me know how this goes.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
PollyBryant
New Contributor II

Hello, 

Thanks for your help, removing it from the group seems to be working.

Cheers,

Jess

0 Kudos