Layers missing in "Manage Offline Areas" for web map configuration

Jump to solution
10-10-2018 08:47 AM
JakeJacobs
Occasional Contributor III

I have a web map that has a hosted feature layer and a layer from a feature service I've published from my ArcGIS server (10.6.1).  When I create an offline areas using the Manage offline areas tool, the hosted layer and the basemap show up as cached, but the feature service layer is just missing.

It seems to create just fine if I download an ad hoc area from Collector or Collector Aurora. 

Anyone else have this problem or are aware of a limitation of the pre-defined offline caches?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeJacobs

Just thought others might find it helpful to know this has been logged as a bug by ESRI. BUG-000118112: Using Manate Area tool on ArcGIS Online does not work for layers that are feature services, published from ArcGIS Server and brought into ArcGIS Online as an item.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Erika,

Is your 10.6.1 server external facing? Is the 10.6.1 service secured?

When you view the map to create the offline areas do you see both layers displayed?

If possible can you share your web map and layers with me and I can take a look - probably easiest to pop them into a group and invite russell_jsapi to it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Hi Russell,

Yes, yes, and yes.  In fact, you can see the layer in the map view in the "manage areas" screen.  And in the server logs I can see the requests for each tile being made.

I have shared a map and items with a group called Troubleshooting in the Avista organization and added you to that group.

Thanks for the look.

Erika

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for sending that along, we are taking a look into this.

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Any update on this?  Should I put in a support ticket?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes I would say to put an issue in so you can track this issue. It looks to be an issue with the enterprise service and that is causing an issue with creating that replica for your enterprise service layer during the packaging process. 

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Erika,

When you get your case started, feel free to let me know the case #.  Alternatively just ask the analyst you're working with to reach out to me directly.  It looks like this might be a defect we need to get logged and I just want to sync up with the analyst make sure we get that logged properly.  

Thanks,

Alan Rex

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Just thought others might find it helpful to know this has been logged as a bug by ESRI. BUG-000118112: Using Manate Area tool on ArcGIS Online does not work for layers that are feature services, published from ArcGIS Server and brought into ArcGIS Online as an item.

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Typo: Use Manage Area tool....

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Update: this bug is still in progress.  It didn't make it into the December release, although the analyst I worked with thought it might.

0 Kudos