AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bulk clearing or editing data from fields in attribute table in ArcGIS Online?

Question asked by kclark_Angler on Oct 10, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 by mminami-esristaff

Hello,

I have a point feature layer published in ArcGIS Online that is used on a monthly basis by inspectors in the field. There are multiple fields in the attribute table that they fill out for each point, and then I generate reports based on that information. At the end of the month I clear out the fields so they can use the same pins the next month to generate reports. 

I know that you can go to the data tab of the feature layer and click on an attribute to edit or clear it.  However, I am having trouble finding a way to clear the entire column/field. It would also be useful to be able to set all of the features to have a set value, such as setting all of the features to have a value of "John Smith" for the "Inspector Name" field. Right now, the layer only has around 50 features so it is still manageable to edit them manually. However, I would love to know if this is possible for situations where I need to do this with much larger data sets. 

Is there a way to do this in ArcGIS Online? Maybe I'm just missing something obvious here, but it doesn't seem like you can do this with the Field Calculator tool.

Thanks for your help!

Outcomes