Missing tiles when publishing

10-09-2018 05:56 AM
PatMadsen
New Contributor II

I was hoping someone would have some insight to a problem I’m having when publishing tile packages in AGO… I am able to share Tile Packages (first, packaging them on my machine and then sharing to AGO), but when I publish them, I am never able to get the last 3 levels of tiles published -- the 3 largest scales each show that ‘0’ tiles were published:

Is this due to a limitation on my amount of available credits? If not, what else would be preventing these tiles from being published?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Patrick

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Adding other groups. You may want to move this question to ArcGIS Online

--- George T.
0 Kudos
PatMadsen
New Contributor II

Whoops... I meant to post in in that group but apparently went with the default option.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

How did you publish the layer? Did you publish from a tile package or generate the tiles automatically in ArcGIS Online? if you published from a tile package, it's possible that the tiles at the large scale were never generated, so that may be something to look into. If you generated the tiles automatically, did you try to manually create the tiles or zoom to where the tiles should be located?

-Kelly 

0 Kudos
PatMadsen
New Contributor II

I have used the Share Package (Data Management) tool to publish the tiles each time. (I don't have enough credits to generate them in AGO.) Why would the tiles at the larger scales not ever generate if I create the tile package locally each time (I have tried several times)? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. It seems to make no difference whether I do the tile package in ArcMap or Pro. 

KellyGerrow

Hi Pat,

Try unzipping the tile package on your desktop. You will then be able to bring the tiles into a desktop client (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro). Try verifying if they are in fact created before publishing. Is scale dependency set on the data in the original map? As publishing from a tile package doesn't cost credits for publishing, your available credits won't have an impact on being able to unpack these. 

I'd highly recommend getting in touch with support so they can help troubleshoot the specific issue.

PatMadsen
New Contributor II

I will do that. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos