Problem creating surveys, editing existing ones

10-03-2018 04:06 PM
ChrisMontague-Breakwell
New Contributor III

I'm having three problems in Survey123 Connect. First, I can't reliably create new surveys in Connect. When I create a new survey from file it loads the XLSform but when I return to Connect's list of surveys I don't see the new survey. However, that survey is in the folder "ArcGIS\My Survey Designs" but Connect can't seem to see it. 

I was able to create a survey using the "create a new survey" option from an existing survey, however it seems to create two surveys (both with the same name) but one is blank and neither of them are editable. When I open the survey the option to edit the survey isn't there. See below screen shot. 

Finally, I uninstalled Connect and reinstalled (after backing up My Survey Designs). I have number of surveys that I created prior to Connect having this problem. They're published as a feature service. When I log into ArcGIS  I have the option to download those surveys. When I download them and try to open them I get the prompt to download the survey, so I'm stuck in a download loop and can never open the survey. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Connect three times now and the same problem. Any help? FWIW, I tried the recommendation in this post https://community.esri.com/thread/202925-survey123-connect-no-excel-option-on-new-surveys but it didn't help. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

What version of Survey123 Connect are you using? Are you still experiencing this issue, if so can you please try with the latest beta/release candidate build available on EAC and let us know if you still have this issue?

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisMontague-Breakwell
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

I'm using the latest version of Survey123. However, after no less than five clean installs and no luck the problem resolved itself. I have no idea what I did differently but it now works flawlessly. It's possible that something related to my agency's enterprise account implementation caused it, but I'm just guessing at this point. It works now so I can't complain!

Chris

0 Kudos