How to correct DAML categories content

Jump to solution
10-04-2018 10:26 AM
RomanTrojan
New Contributor III

I am using <content> inside <button> in my Config.daml with custom element "Descr" which causes compiler message:

Could not find schema information for the attribute 'Descr'

Categories.GetComponentElements can find this ComponentElement, but I would like to have clean messages box.

What should be done?

<categories>
      <insertCategory id="CatID_1"/>

</categories>

<button id="ButtonID_TS1" ... categoryRefID="CatID_1">

<content Descr="Test"></content>
</button>

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Roman

The button element cannot have a <content> child element.  The schema does not allow this. 

The <content> tag can be added as a child element of the <insertComponent> element only. The following gives an example of a usage for this from the ADMapping.daml.

<insertComponent id="esri_mapping_bookmarks" className="BookmarksEmbeddableControlViewModel">
        <content className="BookmarksEmbeddableControlView" relatedCommand="esri_mapping_showBookmarksWindow" autoRunOnly="true"/>
</insertComponent>‍‍‍

Thanks

Uma

View solution in original post

1 Reply
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Roman

The button element cannot have a <content> child element.  The schema does not allow this. 

The <content> tag can be added as a child element of the <insertComponent> element only. The following gives an example of a usage for this from the ADMapping.daml.

<insertComponent id="esri_mapping_bookmarks" className="BookmarksEmbeddableControlViewModel">
        <content className="BookmarksEmbeddableControlView" relatedCommand="esri_mapping_showBookmarksWindow" autoRunOnly="true"/>
</insertComponent>‍‍‍

Thanks

Uma