AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overlay not Showing On Layout MapFrame

Question asked by mjk5000 on Oct 1, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2018 by jbarrette-esristaff

I am allowing my users to Export their polygons using a a form in which they select the polygon and hit export.  This tool asks if the user would like to highlight the polygon with a certain color, and also buffer that polygon.  The tool then exports a pdf layout or shows it on the screen.  I have been able to allow for selection, load a saved layout, update the layout tags, move the camera, etc.  This all happens in the background.  However, when I try to add a selection overlay, or buffer overlay, it doesn't show up on the layout?  I know I am adding the disposable overlay to the map, because I am not disposing it yet and I can see it?

//This highlights my geometry on my main map
CIMStroke outline = SymbolFactory.Instance.ConstructStroke(CIMColor.CreateRGBColor(0, 0, 0, 50.0), 2.0, SimpleLineStyle.Solid);

CIMRGBColor BlueColor = ColorFactory.Instance.BlueRGB as CIMRGBColor;

IDisposable disposable = MapView.Active.AddOverlay(inItem.Geometry,                                                                   SymbolFactory.Instance.ConstructPolygonSymbol(BlueColor, SimpleFillStyle.Solid, outline).MakeSymbolReference());

//Get the map frame element of the layout that I use, and replace the map
//This should have the disposable Overlay on it but it doesn't?
Layout layout = LayoutProjectItem.GetLayout();
MapFrame mapFrame = layout.FindElement("MapLayer") as MapFrame;
mapFrame.SetMap(inUserPrintInformation.MapCopy);

// Create PDF format with appropriate settings
PDFFormat PDF = new PDFFormat()
{
   Resolution = 300,
   OutputFileName = inExportFileName
};

if (PDF.ValidateOutputFilePath())
{
   LayoutProjectItem.Export(PDF);
}

This code is just a snipped of all of my code, but i essentially want to add a overlay to the map and export it. But it doesn't seem to be on the exported map?

Outcomes