AnsweredAssumed Answered

Optimize load time of lots of feature layers

Question asked by jr9128 on Sep 27, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2018 by LDanzinger-esristaff

So...I work for a company who has tons of inventory data. We are building a QML based app.  They have told me that 99% of the time, the user will want to always see all of our layers, whenever they navigate to a particular area.  So, we are adding all of the FeatureLayers at app startup.  There are 87 layers!  Plus, there are a ton or non-spatial data tables to do relationship queries against, etc.  The problem I am having is that it is taking around at least two minutes to load all those layers.  Some are faster than others.  But maybe 2 seconds or so for each layer and if I write to the console as each layer loads, it is sequential, about two seconds between each.  I actually had to put in a sequencer thing where it doesn't attempt all 87 at the same time because still in the console it would come back loaded one after the other, about one layer every 2 seconds and once we ended up going beyond 60 seconds, I think something was timing out and the rest stopped.  So I'd do 10, wait for completion, do another 10, etc.  Ugh.

Would decreasing the MaxRecordCount on each layer help this?  Is it trying to load the first 1000 features for each layer at app startup?

Is there some other way to multi-thread and get them to load faster?

Any suggestions on how to get the app loaded faster is appreciated.  Thanks!

Outcomes