I have installed ArcGIS Data Store 10.6.1, and have upgraded ArcGIS Enterprise to 10.6.1. My ArcGIS Desktop is also now 10.6.1, and I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.2. Our ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS are also federated.
It has become apparent though that I now need to change the managed database to an ArcGIS Data Store relational data store (our data is still in an enterprise geodatabase, but it is now publishing directly to Portal). However, there are two paths from which to choose:
- Changing the existing managed database to a registered database, and
- Republishing our hosted feature layers
If I understand the true meaning of "hosted", as far as I know, nothing on our servers is hosted. All map and feature services that have been published simply reside in Portal.
So I have 3 questions:
1) Does it matter if our ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS are federated (is this a concern for configuring Data Store)?
2) If vying for option "b" above, does the data need to be hosted before republishing hosted features?
3) Does the ArcGIS Data Store implementation process create a hosted server?